Thursday, October 14, 2004

The Jury

Here I am, in day three of another jury trial, still picking a jury. Although I strongly believe that the jury system is preferable to any alternative, picking a jury is tedious, and the jurors seem angry that it's taking so long, and that there's so much waiting.

We have a great judge where I'm in trial at the North Justice Center in Fullerton, and my client (and his family) couldn't be nicer. Even defense counsel had the jury laughing when he asked when you can tell a defense attorney is lying? His mouth is moving!

Monday we have to finish picking the jury, and then the fun starts -- opening statements and picking apart the DA's alleged evidence against my client. Stay tuned for all the exciting action.

After the trial broke for the weekend, I had to fight traffic and spend four hours driving to the jail in Rancho Cucamonga - West Valley Detention Center, where I waited for 1.5 hours, and then was told that their computers were down, and tough cookies for my visit tonight. Great - just great! I can't even get let into jail! As Groucho Marx said, "I don't want to join any club that would have me as a member", so maybe I'm not too disappointed.

Speaking of exciting action, tonight is both Survivor, and The Apprentice. I guess I know what I'll be doing!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home