Thursday, May 26, 2005

One way to freeze gas prices... and get 120 miles per gallon!

I saw this story, and thought ... if I could just get a freezer in my car...

"There is a man who fills up his tank once every two months. One tank of gas, literally, lasts him two months. He is freezing the price of gas by freezing something else.

David Hutchison is a Cryogenics expert. He built this Cryo-Process himself. He runs a business out of his garage where he cryogenically tempers all kinds of metals. He submerges them in a frozen tank of nitrogen vapor that is 300 degrees below zero.

David says, “During that time, at minus 300 degrees, the molecules slow down. Then they reorganize themselves. That's when the actual chemical change happens.”

Hutchison cryogenically tempers machine parts, tools, golf clubs and even razors. He says it makes them last three to five times longer.

A few years ago he began an experiment on his hybrid Honda, freezing the engine components. The results were a fuel-efficiency dream.

David Hutchison says, “You should expect a “Cryo'd” engine to last anywhere from 600,000 to 1 million miles without wearing out.”

A hybrid Honda typically gets really great gas mileage anyway, around 50 miles to the gallon, but David Hutchison's cryogenically tempered engine has been known to get close to 120 miles a gallon.

“It's just a very efficient vehicle.” Hutchison says,

Racers have picked up on David's trick of cryogenically freezing car parts. It is now widely accepted among NASCAR and Indy-car racers.

Hutchison tells us cryogenically tempering car parts has more benefits than just fuel efficiency. He freezes all of the brake rotors at a car dealership near his home in Missouri. It makes them last three to five times longer.

Copyright 2005 KFOR-TV-DT.

8 Comments:

Blogger Best Buy said...

Decent page, enjoyed it a lot, I can never get enough of taylor made golf equipment if you can't either check out my site taylor made golf equipment

3:44 PM

 
Blogger Best Buy said...

Great stuff on golf equipment sales and I even bookmarked you! Of course I do have a similar page about golf equipment sales

7:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog you have! I really enjoyed it. I heard of a great site that is giving away a free set of Nike Golf Clubs. I think your readers will enjoy it. Just click the link below and enter your Zip Code to see if you qualify!
Free Nike Golf Clubs!

5:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd have to say that I agree with you 100%. You might like this golf irons golf site that I came across. Thanks again for your insight.

12:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good new jetta post!

3:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post!

I did a search for georgia gas prices and found this site. I have put together an ebook I have titled, "Huge Gas Pump Savings."

Dave
http://www.huge-gas-pump-savings.com/

1:21 AM

 
Blogger woofer said...

Well I just got back from racquetball and I am beat. I am currently doing some research and stumbled across your blog. Which makes me laugh really. The web can certainly land you off base sometimes. Even though your site is not completely related I think it is a cool blog. I have read back through the archives and lots of people make some good points. Well I have been on-line forever it seems. I need to continue to plug away at golf equipment closeouts. If you have the energy swing by http://www.golf-equipment-deals.com. I try to update my site weekly (most of the time)and maybe you will see something you like. I already grabbed your URL and put it in my favorites. If you do not mind I will be back again. Mint job!

3:48 PM

 
Blogger jeffT said...

All I can say is this is a informative blog site! The other half and I just got back from our friends house (well actually my friends house) and I needed a HUGE break. I am working on a project right now that is based on free golf equipment. I have literally been on-line for 5-6 hours doing research. Even though your blog really isn�t on the same page as free golf equipment I am certainly happy I came across your blog. There are a ton of very good view points on this blog. Well I think I can here the kids calling for me in the background. I put you in my web favorites and I will certainly come back and visit. If you want to take a peek at my site you can find me here at free golf equipment. I update my site frequently. Again, great job with this blog and I will be back again soon!

12:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home